As a Maintenance/Service Engineer in the broadcast sector, you would be responsible for the maintenance and servicing of a range of broadcast equipment, which can involve working remotely or visiting sites to repair, maintain and service equipment.
In this role, you would develop a thorough understanding of the relevant broadcast technologies and be involved in responding to problems in a prompt, professional manner. You may be responsible for logging damage of returned equipment, ordering new stock, and on occasion going to customer sites to collect equipment. Keeping logs and accurate records of maintenance is essential in this position.
Employers will be looking for applicants with:
- Mechanical or electronic engineering qualifications
- Good communication skills
- Customer focus (internal and external)
- Problem solving abilities
- Strong organisation and record keeping skills
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- UK Driving licence.
More about the job
You may be required to work in a variety of locations and starting salaries range from £22,000 – £35,000*.
Typical career progression would be into a Broadcast Engineer type role.
*all salaries quoted should be used as rough guides only